[Linphone-developers] Segmentation Fault when using audio_stream_start_w

From: Edwin Cordeiro
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Segmentation Fault when using audio_stream_start_with_files
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 15:44:25 -0300

 Hi,

Like I said before I'm trying to make a linphonec that read and write the audio streams into files (pipes) because my ARM system don't have a sound system so I want to send and get the audio to/from another program. I'm using version 1.3.99.9 and I tried Simon's suggestion to change the line lc->audiostream=audio_stream_start_with_sndcards(call->profile,audio_params->localport,audio_params->remoteaddr,audio_params->remoteport,audio_params->pt,jitt_comp,playcard,captcard,linphone_core_echo_cancelation_enabled(lc));
of the linphonecore.c in the function void linphone_core_start_media_streams(LinphoneCore *lc, LinphoneCall *call) for the line
lc->audiostream=audio_stream_start_with_files(call->profile,audio_params->localport,audio_params->remoteaddr,audio_params->remoteport,audio_params->pt,jitt_comp,output,input);
But when I do that the program returns segmentation fault. I tried to discover what was the problem and I think the problem is that linphonec is trying to access the sound input/output that do no exist on my board when it tries to configure the input and output.
When I use the sipomatic the function audio_stream_start_with_files works correctly. Can anybody help me to identify wich functions should not run to avoid this segmentation faults or to build a linphonec version that I can set on the configuration file if I want to use files or an audio device?

Thanks,
Edwin Cordeiro