Re: [Linphone-developers] question about rtp packets

From: Kosta Welke
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] question about rtp packets
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:49:16 +0100

meng hongling wrote:
>> when you say "aaaaaaaaaa" into the phone, the other end plays
>> "a-a-a-a-a"?
> At first,the sound heared from embedded
> board is clear with a little delay that nearly can't be
> distinguished,while the sound heared from my pc is not good.it is
> discontinuous.
> it sounds like that the speaker on the other part is a stutter :),your
> example is exactly right.So I guess there is something wrong with the
> read part of my board.

Not necessarily. On my Embedded system, it was a timestamp problem.
If you want to know whats going on, got to get_new_timestamp() in
mediastreamer/msrtpsend.c and output by how much the timestamp should be
increased by r->ts_inc, how much by clockts and which one is used.

Also, try the patch I sent here on March 8th. I fixed those problems on
my embedded device.

>> If it is constantly around 100 milliseconds, your system is fast enough.
>> If it was too slow, the value would increase during the phone call.
>> This seems to be a scheduling problem. Take a look at
>> ms_timer_synchronize() in mediastreamer/mstimer.c. Maybe do some debug
>> output to see how often he's in the loop. If he uses the loop at all,
>> select() or gettimeofday() could be inaccurate on your platform.
>> A quick hack could be to simply sleep for a shorter amount of time :)
> I'll try this tomorrow.:)

Maybe its not even a problem. Who cares for 100 ms? ;)

HTH,
Kosta