[Linphone-developers] Re: [Linphone-users] regarding codecs....

From: Daniel Kabs [ML]
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Re: [Linphone-users] regarding codecs....
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:10:40 +0100

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Shailabh Shubhisham <address@hidden> wrote:
> I got to understand  that
>the codecs connect to the soundcard in the
>/mediastream/audiostream.c file.

Correct.

> Instead of it
>connecting to the codecs I am using a hardware instead
>for the encoder and decoder part.

Just look at it this way: You have a soundcard, that does not provide
16 bit linear PCM but 8-bit PCMA, etc.

For this problem there are two solutions, both require to disable the
linphone codec filters.
1. write a new soundcard driver (something like hpuxsndcard.c)
2. write a new read/write filter (replace MSOssRead/Write).

I used the first approach.

> So that means I will
>need to  remove out the MSOssRead and MSOssWrite that
>deal with  the soundcard

That is approach #2 :-)

Cheers
Daniel