Re: [Linphone-developers] Implementing sound support for non-standard ha

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Implementing sound support for non-standard hardware
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 18:31:39 +0100

Hello,

Yes you can add a new SndCard implementation to handle your problem.
This interface is expected to change in 1.0.x .
Writing an oss driver can be very useful for everyone, but if it is for an old
kernel and for a hardware that is not very spread,  I understand your point
of view.
But anyway you'll need a kernel driver to talk to your hardware, so maybe it
is not so hard to implement some very minimal oss functionnality (at least
the one necessary to linphone).
Simon