[Linphone-developers] Loss and Delay

From: Eduardo Bezerra Valentin
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Loss and Delay
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:16:23 -0400 (AMT)

Hi,

   I'm interested in QoS for VoIP. I have done some experiments on h323 calls,
using the openh323
library. Now I want to measure the quality for SIP calls.
   I know that linphone is a good choice for SIP client. But, to measure, I
need the information
about the loss and the delay of each voice package transmitted and the linphone
doesn't generate
any kind of trace for this. I looked for how linphone creates his voice flow
and I know that it
is using the oRTP library, written by Saymon Morlat. I take a look at the
documentation for the
oRTP library and I didn't find any information about the loss and the delay.
   Anyone knows how to produce trace about the RTP flow in oRTP library?? How
can I
do this in linphone???
   I want to know if anybody can help me to find out this information on the
oRTP library.

[ ]'s,

Eduardo Bezerra Valentin
VoIP Laboratory