[Linphone-developers] real time kernel scheduling??

From: Tomas Lundqvist
Subject: [Linphone-developers] real time kernel scheduling??
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 18:35:32 +0100

Hello!

I have written a simple application with oRTP that tries to receive packets
from Linphone (Red Hat 8.0, glib-2.2.3). The problem is that the scheduler does
not seem to work, it tries to get the packets from the buffer faster than they
are received from the net (see: Scheduler too fast?). A clue to what the
problem is might be that I get:
"Could not get root euid: Operation not permittedscheduler: trying to reach real
time kernel scheduling..."
when I set sheduling mode and blocking mode off ("0").

Has anybody seen this before?

Regards,

--
TOMAS LUNDQVIST