lingot-devel

Re: [Lingot-devel] updated Czech translation

From: Karel Volný
Subject: Re: [Lingot-devel] updated Czech translation
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:39:09 +0100

Hi,

> It's not late at all for the translation, actually I think it is a bit
> soon: I'm making some important changes, including some parts of the
> frequency finding algorithm, and hence I'm still more concerned in
> stabilising the current solution before polishing the UI. I think I can do
> it in the following days.

ok, thanks, please send an announcement when done

> > - I saw some strings about advanced FFT settings but I cannot find them in
> > the UI?
>
> Very true, I'm still thinking whether it is convenient to include such
> advanced settings in the GUI. Anyway, some of those particular settings are
> obsolete with the new core.

well ... I'm not a "GNOME GUI fascist" but reading the descriptions I must
admit that these things seemed too much advanced to me

that said, I'm not against letting the users to play with them, and having
that configurable from the GUI is more comfortable than to mess with the
configfile or commandline option

hard to decide ... but the control freak in me wins, I'd vote to include it
but hide it under some "really advanced" category

> > - "The fundamental frequency is shown with a red dot," seems more like a
> > dashed vertical line than a dot :-)
>
> Same reason: I'm still playing with all of the possibilities (maybe I
> should have tagged these versions as 'alpha' instead of 'beta').

ok; haven't seen the version with the dot but IMHO lines are better than dots

> > - it would be nice to have the default scale translatable; to be precise,
> Sure, I'll open a ticket for this.

thanks

> > - I've found a typo in lingot-config-dialog.glade:
> > adjusments => adjustments
>
> Ok, fixed.

thanks

> > - and last one, not connected to translations but to packaging, wouldn't
> > that be possible to make the default audio system configurable, so that it
> > can be changed without patching the sources?
> Great, another ticket for this then.

cool, it got even resolved in a better way, thanks

K.