Re: Crammed ChordNames

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Crammed ChordNames
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 08:27:15 -0400

Hi Pierre-Luc,

>> I don’t know… but if you figure out what’s causing it, ***please*** tell me,
>> because I also often (and “randomly”) get ChordName collisions like this in
>> my scores, and my workflow is rarely (read: NEVER) luxurious enough for me
>> to do anything except edition-engraver-tweak the crap out of the score and
>> move on.
>
> My goto is usually to pepper the offending part with \allowPageTurn.s
> and check that all 4 editions (letter, letterXL, tablet, tabletXL) are
> ok (git commit -vp && git push && ./doItAll and move on).

The thing is, there’s usually MORE than enough vertical space to allow the
ChordNames to “float up”, and \allowPageTurn-s [and related] throw off my
(read: the optimal LOL) layout.

One day maybe I’ll have enough time to really investigate the issue and come up
with a real solution…

Cheers,
Kieren.

My work day may look different than your work day. Please do not feel obligated
to read or respond to this email outside of your normal working hours.