Re: [basic question] how to disable text spanners for the lower staff of

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [basic question] how to disable text spanners for the lower staff of a PianoStaff
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 18:34:22 +0800

---- On Fri, 10 May 2024 15:07:33 +0800  Mark Knoop  wrote ---
> Haven't tested, but I think Text_spanner_engraver lives in Voice, rather than
> Staff. Try removing from the \global Voice, otherwise send a WME.

Ah... indeed. That does take care of it.

  \new PianoStaff \with {
    instrumentName = "古筝"
    shortInstrumentName = "古筝"
  } <<
    \new Staff = "up" << \global \zhengR >>
    \new Staff = "down" % \with { \remove Text_spanner_engraver }
    <<
      \clef bass
      \new Voice \with { \remove Text_spanner_engraver } { \global }
      \zhengL

Kieren's solution also works, with a bit less syntax.

Thanks to both!

hjh