Re: score with dynamic beats

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: score with dynamic beats
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 11:36:20 -0400

Hi Raphael,

> I note that in one solution one uses \remove and in the other \omit to
> achieve the same thing.
>
> Is there any prospect of  moving to a situation where only one operator is
> used to achieve a result, possibly by having a preferred and deprecated
> options first? This is a general point, not just  restricted to this one case.

I wouldn’t think so…

They are two different — both quite useful — commands, used in different
contexts/situations:

1. \remove is a general function for eliminating an engraver from a whole
context (in this example, the Time_signature_engraver from the Staff context).

2. \omit is both a handy short form [when used in the identical location as the
\remove] as well as a one-off function/action (e.g., \once \omit
Staff.TimeSignature, used “inline” in a music expression).

Cheers,
Kieren.

My work day may look different than your work day. Please do not feel obligated
to read or respond to this email outside of your normal working hours.