Re: Lyrics in second language in italics

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Lyrics in second language in italics
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 14:54:10 -0700

On 2019-05-15 1:45 pm, phpguru wrote:
Hi

I have a Mendelssohn choral work with german (de) and latin (lat)
lyrics. How can I achieve to set the latin lyrics in italics?

% works, but both lyrics are in regular/upright font
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "bass" { \bassDeVerse }
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "bass" { \bassLatVerse }

* sth, like this, does not work / compile error
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "bass" { \italic \bassLatVerse }

* works (but I'm aiming for italic, not tiny)
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "bass" { \tiny \bassLatVerse }

You should be able to adjust the font-shape using a \with block:

%%%%
  \new Lyrics \with { \override LyricText.font-shape = #'italic }
%%%%

-- Aaron Hill