Re: MMRs and spacer rests

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: MMRs and spacer rests
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 00:56:12 +0200

On 10.05.19 20:54, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Simon,

is there any way to compressMMRests regardless of spacer rests in parallel?
\version "2.19.82"
\compressMMRests \context Bottom << { s1 s } R1*2 >>
Have you read the thread here?
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-10/msg00517.html>

Can’t remember the outcome (there might be some custom code in there?)…

Thanks, Kieren, for the link—I’m notoriously bad at finding that kind of stuff…

However, the only practical suggestion that comes from it is trying \skip rather than s, and that doesn’t actually change behaviour in the example that I posted—as David K. already noted back then.

So all I can say is that I agree with your (Kieren’s) assessments at the ends of that thread… and for my usecase, I have to hack or adapt something within my framework…

Best, Simon