Re: Finetuning TextSpanner beginning and end positions?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Finetuning TextSpanner beginning and end positions?
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 01:49:41 +0200

Hi Stefano,

Am Mi., 8. Mai 2019 um 05:16 Uhr schrieb Stefano Troncaro
<address@hidden>:

> my workflow in these scenarios is to go to the description of the object
> which is giving me trouble, see what interfaces and properties it has, and
> from there work out what I need to do. This is also what the Lilypond manuals
> suggest. So, if the purpose of the Internals Reference is "to present
> information precisely and concisely", for me a precise description would be
> at the very least to have a list of it's sub-properties.
>
> I think someone explained to me some time ago (in a similar situation with an
> alist of properties although I don't remember specifically with what) that
> this is not possible because of the way the documentation is automatically
> generated.

Well, putting stuff into IR is different from usual doc-work, but not
impossible.
I created
#5518 Document bound-details (sub-)properties in line-spanner-cc for IR

Patch is up for review here:
https://codereview.appspot.com/560670043/

Descriptions are mostly taken from NR.
Though, I'm not a native speaker. Any suggestions for better wording,
grammar, syntax etc is welcome.

I think with your google-account you can log in there and do any
inline-comments you wish.

Attached, an excerpt from internals.pdf showing how it looks after patch.

Cheers,
  Harm