fingering

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: fingering
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 10:41:03 +0200

I normally enter fingering instruction using the "note-digit" convention ( http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/inside-the-staff#fingering-instructions) like this:

\version "2.21.0"
{a4-1 b-2 c'-3 d'-4}

This way of proceeding it's in my opinion the easiest and less error prone because you see clearly the note where the fingering is applied.

But when I finished to enter the fingering, I would definitely prefer having the fingering instruction separated by the music. Something like this (NB: it does not work correctly but I hope the idea is clear):

\version "2.21.0"
myMusic = {a4 b c' d'}
myFing = {s4-1 s-2 s-3 s-4}
<<    \myMusic \myFing >>

Now the question: Does exist any Frescobaldi snippet to make this operation, that means: it takes the music with fingering and it copy the fingering and the note in two different variable (or something similar)?

The same would make sense also for dynamics.

Thank you, g.