Re: Non-integer tempo marking

From: Tsz Kiu Pang
Subject: Re: Non-integer tempo marking
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 11:03:34 +1100

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the late reply.
Thank you very much for you help.

I should have clarified that the non-integer tempo marking is for metric modulation in the middle of the score(not shown below),
hence the situation is complicated for the midi, but I guess I will settle for the score for now.

I modified your markup a little bit to keep the tempo font consistent (with the other tempo marking without using \markup):

%%%%%%%%%%

\score {
{
   \tempo \markup {
       \concat {
         \smaller \general-align #Y #DOWN
         \note #"4" #1 \normal-text " = 72.5"
   c'
}

%%%%%%%%%%

--
Tsz Kiu

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 at 18:29, Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019, Tsz Kiu Pang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am just wondering if there is a way to have a non-integer tempo
> marking (e.g. crotchet = 72.5)?

I tried to create it as a \markup. For MIDI output this doesn't work
though. You could add \midi { \tempo 8 = 145 } for that.

%%%%%%%%%%

\score {
{
   \tempo \markup {