Reset bar numbers?

From: Guy Melançon
Subject: Reset bar numbers?
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 17:52:18 +0100

Hi all,
I have been searching on the net and forums to find an answer before throwing this message.
Numbering bars is pretty straightforward. Now, I find it useful to also label parts of a score using letters (I do this using markups). This is really useful when rehearsing with a band, so everyone knows where to start ("Ok everyone, let's start at C9!", for instance).
What I want to achieve is to reset bar numbering to one when I reach a new part. That is, I'd mix a markup command, such as \markup {\rounded-box \bold X}, with a \reset-numbering to have the first bar of part X numbered as 1, and so on.
Any help appreciated. The idea of mixing markups and renumbering might be wring, I am open to any other way to get around -- I know a bit how to code, so any low level solution is welcome.