Re: Haiprin staff-padding

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Re: Haiprin staff-padding
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 07:09:00 -0700 (MST)

Kieren MacMillan wrote
> Also, please post examples that compile without errors.  =)

Oups, yes, here it is:

\version "2.19.82"

\relative c {
  \time 3/4
  \clef bass
  | r4..^"too closed" fis'16~\> 4
  | f(\! e) <gis, e'>--
  |  (\< <g es'>2)\!
  | g4.( fis8) <e b'>4
}

\relative c {
  \time 3/4
  \clef bass
  \override Hairpin.Y-offset = #-1.5
  | r4..^"a bit more spaced" fis'16~\> 4
  | f(\! e) <gis, e'>--
  |  (\< <g es'>2)\!
  | g4.( fis8) <e b'>4
}

Kieren MacMillan wrote
> You mean separate from the whole DynamicLineSpanner?

I don't know! Maybe I'm unclear. I just find that by default, the hairpins
are too close to the staff for my taste. I think I don't like the fact that
the distance between the top of the hairpin and the staff is smaller than
the staff-line-size.

I adjust them every time, but it's annoying and I was wondering if I wasn't
simply missing a setting for the distance between those lines and the staff?