Re: Line break on a subtitle

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Line break on a subtitle
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 08:53:50 -0700 (MST)

Thomas Morley-2 wrote

> vincenzo.auer@

> >:
>> I found a lot of interesting things but sorry, I was not able to find an
>> answer to my humble question.
>

> Whats wrong with
>
> \header {
>   subtitle =
>     \markup \wordwrap {
>       Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do
> eiusmod
>       tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim
>       veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex
> ea
>       commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in
> voluptate
>       velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint
> occaecat
>       cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit
> anim id
>       est laborum.
>     }
> }
>
> \markup \null
>
> -Harm

Hi Harm,

On a related note:
Can you tell me why the word-wrap works in my second instance but not the
first? I don't understand what's going on with the markup here with the
first going off the page. I tried removing the \with-dimensions and that
doesn't make any difference so I can't see my error otherwise. I do see that
the first one is enclosed in a { } expression, and *that* (I assumed) was
part of the reason but...I'm still a bit lost as to the why.

Thank you,

(attachment)
wrap_words_mint.png
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t3868/wrap_words_mint.png>

\version "2.19.82"

{

  c'1
  -\markup \wordwrap {
    \with-dimensions #'(0 . 0) #'(3 . 0)
    "This is a long text that widens the score because it can't protrude.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod"

%% compared to this

\markup \wordwrap {
  Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod
  tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim
  veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea
  commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate
  velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat
  cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id
  est laborum.
}

-----
composer | sound designer | asmr artist