Openlilylib page-layout module

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Openlilylib page-layout module
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:20:04 +1100

Starting a new thread on this for clarity.

OK. So my previously posted MWE for string quartet with parts used tags and multiple books in one file. I found that edition-engraver and page-layout do their work and stop after the first book. Consequently have found that if I make separate file for the score for each part, with their own single book section, and appropriate includes of common material, that all works nicely, with the only issue being that I have five separate compiles to do and more files to manage. This can be trivially handled with a makefile of course. Also, I really only need to generate parts at the end of the engraving work, so in practice I think this won't be an issue.

Urs, I know you don't use tags, and I do, but I would very like to see how you would go about structuring string quartet with parts, using page-layout and or edition=engraver.

Would there be an argument for providing a reset or restart mechanism for page-layout so it could process multiple books in a file?

Andrew