Re: fret-diagram and barré with another finger on the same string

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: fret-diagram and barré with another finger on the same string
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 15:33:17 +0000

On 3/13/19, 8:04 AM, "Federico Bruni" <address@hidden> wrote:

    BTW, I'm surprised that any misspelled command in the alist does not
    trigger any error message:

    \version "2.19.82"

    {
      s1^\markup{
        \fret-diagram-verbose #'(
          (mute 6)
          (open 5)
          (open 4)
          (open 3)
          (place-fret 2 6)

          ;(place-fret 1 5)
          (please harakiri 1 5)
        )

It's pretty much the same as the fact that using an undefined property does not
trigger any error message.  You put the undefined property into the props
alist, and then it's never checked by the engraver, so there's no issue.

The list parser (found in scm/fret-diagrams.scm, fret-parse-marking-list)
silently ignores any unknown codes in a fret-diagram-verbose list.  I can see
that it would be not too much effort to add an error message.  I will put it on
my to-do list.

Thanks,

Carl