Frescobaldi broken on Win 10?

From: William Zeitler
Subject: Frescobaldi broken on Win 10?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 06:18:14 -0800

This is arguably off topic (from LP) but I'm stuck and don't know where else to turn.

I was a happy LP/Frescobaldi user on Win7. Finally had to upgrade to Win10 (ugh!)

When I launch Frescobaldi it silently fails to launch. I've launched it from the command line to see if there was any error-spew -- nothing. Just pauses for less than a second and then the command prompt again. I also installed the latest Python just because, but that didn't help.

I get that WIndows is annoying (I do Linux C/C++ coding for a living) but all my music software (e.g. Cubase) is on Windows so LP/Frescobaldi needs to be also, just for basic workflow sanity.

Suggestions?

THANKS!

William Zeitler