Re: CueVoice Font

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: CueVoice Font
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 16:18:57 -0800

On 2019-02-20 3:32 pm, Ben wrote:
I've attached an image showing the "fl" looking a bit squished to my eyes. :)

"fl" (fl) is a ligature in many fonts. Therefore, what you are seeing as tighter kerning is most likely a single glyph representing both characters.

You could try something like \concat { "f" \hspace #0 "l" } which should typeset an "f" and an "l" without the ligature, using the normal kerning for the individual letters. The \hspace is needed otherwise LilyPond would combine the strings causing the ligature to still occur.

-- Aaron Hill