Re: Harmonics with ottava

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Harmonics with ottava
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2019 06:36:36 -0800

On 2019-02-07 3:01 am, N. Andrew Walsh wrote:
Problem now is, Lily isn't avoiding collisions between the markup objects and grobs on other staves. Neither the markup nor the Staff.ottavation text block are given place, instead overlapping the voice above. How can I fix
this?

Do you have a MWE for this? The snippet you posted only has a single staff. I tried adding one...

%%%%
\version "2.19.82"
<<
\new Staff { a2_\markup "Text" }
\new Staff
\relative c, {
\clef "bass_8"
\textLengthOn
  \override Staff.NoteColumn.ignore-collision = ##t
  \override NoteHead.style = #'harmonic-mixed
  <<
    {
      \oneVoice
      eih4^\markup { \right-align "Sul D" }--\harmonic
    }
    \\
    {
      \oneVoice
      \textLengthOn
      \tiny
      \override Stem.stencil = ##f
      \override Flag.stencil = ##f
      \override ParenthesesItem.font-size = #0
      \set Staff.ottavation = #"15ma"
      \once \override Staff.OttavaBracket.direction = #UP
      \set Voice.middleCPosition = #(+ -1)
      < \parenthesize ceh'''>4 s
      \unset Staff.ottavation
      \unset Voice.middleCPosition

%%%%

...but I could not get any overlap. Granted, "Sul D" and "Text" appear next to each other, but that has to do with text alignment. If you change "Text" to \center-align, for instance, then the lower staff gets moved down to prevent overlap.

-- Aaron Hill