Re: Request for contribution: font demonstration examples

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Request for contribution: font demonstration examples
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 11:44:09 +0100

Hi Andrew,

Am 31.01.19 um 11:09 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
Hi Urs,

Speaking as a harpsichord player myself, can we not have Bach on the piano please? Keyboard will do fine.

We take so much care to be precise in engraving and notation and such topics, let's keep the musicology at a similar high standard. Sorry, this is a major peeve of mine, and ignores 300 years of harpsichord building and literature and tradition. [List members may be interested to know that I have also spent thirty years building harpsichords here in Australia. You can see why this gets me going.]

JS Bach did not write any piano music, so it's going to be hard to find examples! [There may be one piece, an adagio, but it's doubtful in many respects.]

No problem with that. Actually the sample currently in use doesn't state *any* instrument, it was just my sloppy enumeration ...

Urs

Andrew