Re: postscript printers for lilypond

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: postscript printers for lilypond
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 07:58:20 -0600

On 1/28/2019 6:48 AM, address@hidden wrote:
I have a Minolta-QMS PagePro 9100 which I like wery much.
It would need a new network card: art.nr 4128-6055-01,
and a "paper take-up roller of the multi-purpose paper tray" (1710502-001 CRU).

Servicemanual is [1], do anyone know how to get hold of the parts ?

I have a computer repair shop. In my experience, it will be very hard to beat eBay for repair parts like this. Sometimes we have tried to buy parts from manufacturers, and even they told us to use eBay. Once a product is discontinued, they would usually far rather sell a new one than help fix an old one, and can't be bothered to keep in stock every part for every model ever made. But if the new machines have moved away from some near-Platonic-Ideal condition the old one had, repair might still be the way to go.

Several suggestions for parts sent privately.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA