Re: postscript printers for lilypond

From: karl
Subject: Re: postscript printers for lilypond
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 13:48:45 +0100 (CET)

David:
> address@hidden writes:
>
> >  I'm looking for a new printer since the old one was fried by the
> > lighting (i.e. the thunder thing, not light in the room).
>
> That doesn't help at all regarding your question, but the thunder thing
> is called "lightning" unlike the light in the room.

Sigh, why do the english spell thoose two so like each other.

> > It seems that colour lasers are all glossy and some b/w one too.
> > Inkjet, e.g. HP pagewide and WF-C8190DTW are superbly matte but their
> > blacks don't cover the area (there are small white dots all over) and
> > the edges are irregular, not sharp. The Kyocera TASKalfa is superbly
> > sharp but the blacks gives glare in the wrong light (as it always are)
> > and it don't handle lilyponds postscript.
>
> "it don't handle lilyponds postscript" according to which test?

Sending it to the printer gave me a surplus of waste paper - so I kind
of turned off error reports in the printer after that.

>  I just
> recently removed a Ghostscriptism (using max/mix operators) that would
> have made regular PostScript interpreters barf.  Maybe that's fixed in
> master now?

I'll try that, though there where some problems with the guile version
and some fonts last time I compiled lilypond.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148