Re: Frescobaldi slowed down [WAS: Re: Emacs lilypond mode formatting and

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi slowed down [WAS: Re: Emacs lilypond mode formatting and indenting]
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 18:18:25 +1100

Hi Urs,

I split my score into files only ten pages long to avoid the issue to begin with, but it suddenly started happening. Perhaps some Debian 9 Python change?

Andrew

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 at 18:01, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 28.01.19 um 07:51 schrieb Federico Bruni:
> Il giorno dom 27 gen 2019 alle 1:58, Andrew Bernard
> <address@hidden> ha scritto:
>> But since an upgrade to Debian 9 and as the complexity of my current
>> score increases, F. has slowed down to a molasses like rate and has
>> sadly become unusable.
>
> Are you sure that it was caused by an upgrade to Debian 9? Did you
> upgrade Frescobaldi as well? How did you install Frescobaldi?
>
> Perhaps Frescobaldi is becoming slow only when you work on very big
> scores or files that includes several large files? See this issue:
> <https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/issues/473>

I would also think that this problem is *not* related to a change in the
Linux distribution but *only* to the complexity and size of the input
files. The issue Federico links to is exactly the problem.

Fixing this issue should be comparably low-hanging fruit, especially
with some new code providing better control over external background
jobs. So maybe tackling *this* would give you earlier results ;-)

Urs