Re: set-global-staff-size undoes define fonts

From: David F.
Subject: Re: set-global-staff-size undoes define fonts
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 22:02:06 -0700

On Jan 27, 2019, at 9:09 PM, Martin Neubauer <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 27/01/2019 04:52, David F. wrote:
>> I can specify the font for my score to use with #(define fonts … ), but
>> calling #(set-global-staff-size) undoes the font definition.
>>
>> In the snippet below, Times New Roman will be used as the font for the whole
>> document.  But if line 6 is uncommented, the font reverts to the default of
>> New Century Schoolbook.  (These fonts are easily distinguished by the letter
>> Q—hence the title.)
>>
>> Any suggestion on how I can both set the font to TNR and set the staff size
>> (in that order)?
> Why do you insist on the order, anyway? If you don't, I think the
> solution would be quite obvious.

Because I engrave hymns in several different styles, e.g. 4:3 slides, 16:9
slides, hymnal-style, etc.  I have a .ly file with all the base or common
styles and then I override whatever is appropriate for specific styles.  In
this case, I want the font to be the same for all styles (so it gets declared
first).  But slides have a larger text size, so I want to override the font
size specifically for engraving slides, so it gets declared later.

As a workaround to the trouble I’m having (because there is a bug in either
Lilypond or my understanding) I’m currently re-declaring the font change after
I call set-global-staff-size.  Which means I now have duplication in my style
declarations.

David