postscript printers for lilypond

From: karl
Subject: postscript printers for lilypond
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 11:44:05 +0100 (CET)

 I'm looking for a new printer since the old one was fried by the
lighting (i.e. the thunder thing, not light in the room).

So far the printers I looked at excels at glossy printouts, but for
sheet music I want matte blacks, as matte as possible to reduce glaring.
And I want it to handle the postscript that "lilypond --ps" emits, yes
I really do want postscript for printing, pdf is fine for viewing
onscreen. And it has to be able to handle A3 and duplex/tumble also and
hopefully up to 240g/m².

It seems that colour lasers are all glossy and some b/w one too.
Inkjet, e.g. HP pagewide and WF-C8190DTW are superbly matte but their
blacks don't cover the area (there are small white dots all over) and
the edges are irregular, not sharp. The Kyocera TASKalfa is superbly
sharp but the blacks gives glare in the wrong light (as it always are)
and it don't handle lilyponds postscript.

Any suggestions ?

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data