Hiding a ledger line

From: Joseph Srednicki
Subject: Hiding a ledger line
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 20:11:58 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Everyone:

See the following example. I am trying to hide the first e  the first bea in the upper voice. I successfully hid the note head and stem, but cannot seem to hide the ledger line.

Can someone please give me the appropriate command to do this?

I experimented with StaffSymbol.ledger-positions, but was unsuccessful.

Also, if I am taking the wrong approach, please let me know.

I searched the documentation, but was unsuccessful in finding the appropriate resolution.

Thanks to anyone who will provide the answer.

Joe Srednicki

\version "2.19.82"
\language "english"
{
  \clef bass
<<
  {\once \hide NoteHead \once \hide Stem e'4 e' e' e' |}
  \\
  {c'4 c' c' c' |}