Re: parser location inTab

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: parser location inTab
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 18:06:45 +0100

Gack McShite <address@hidden> writes:

> convert-ly made no changes, other than the \version.  But I had
> forgotten about it so thanks for the reminder!

I just tried.  The following

\version "2.12.0"

TrackAVoiceAMusic = #(define-music-function (parser location inTab)
(boolean?)
   #{
   \tempo 4=106
                      \clef #(if $inTab "tab" "treble_8")
   #})
is converted into

\version "2.20.0"

TrackAVoiceAMusic = #(define-music-function (inTab)
(boolean?)
   #{
   \tempo 4=106
                      \clef #(if inTab "tab" "treble_8")
   #})
so obviously you are not using convert-ly correctly or have version
statements not matching the syntax of your file (and thus a file that
would not have worked under any version).

So can you please show a file that would not convert correctly under
convert-ly?

--
David Kastrup