Re: lyluatex collection for user without internet connection

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: lyluatex collection for user without internet connection
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 00:22:03 -0800

On 2019-01-25 6:13 pm, Karlin High wrote:
On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 7:10 PM Aaron Hill <address@hidden> wrote:
> In case it helps your friend, I've attached a PDF of the Guile 1.8.7
> docs which can be used as a more technical reference for the specific
> flavor of Scheme used by LilyPond.
>
> The other day I was putting together a set of PDFs for my own offline
> reference

Oh, thank you! Did you also build the LilyPond PDF manuals in that
Google Drive share? I notice they are 2.19.82 without the defects in
the notation images currently found on the website copies. I'm glad to
see all the GUB work happening, hopefully there can soon be a clean
build of LilyPond that gets proper PDFs put up again.

I didn't rebuild the LilyPond docs, but I patched the broken ones from the web site by running them through ghostscript with the option to force embedding of fonts using the LilyPond distribution as source.

Unfortunately, I inadvertently broke the hyperlinks in the process, so while the snippets render properly, you cannot click on links within the documents. Since I tend to manually search through PDFs, this hasn't been a big enough issue for me to address. But I suppose it is worth pointing out the defect.

Regarding GUB, it is my understanding that the issue that caused the fonts to not embed is not expected to reoccur. So once the team is ready to build and publish 2.20 (or if 2.19.83 happens first), the new PDFs should work properly again.

-- Aaron Hill