Re: Clef moves notes why??

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Clef moves notes why??
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 15:52:48 -0600

On Thu 24 Jan 2019 at 13:22:53 (-0700), Reggie wrote:
> Good evening. I am attempting a worksheet of sorts and would like to hide a
> staff for a little while then bring it back with the clef on the right side
> of the barline.

There's your mistake. You need to put the clef on the left of the
barline, either with a ragged stave or an extra measure to contain it.

I have the result I want, I wish to know why it's ruining my
> other staff? So much extra space at the beginning of the other staff see it?
> Why? Why can't the code just move the clef and leave everything else alone??

Because notes that sound together have to be vertically aligned.
That's one of the fundamentals rules of score-writing. Break that
and your worksheet is likely to confuse rather than enlighten.

(I'm assuming that your two staves *are* related.)

Cheers,
David.