Right way to make a function for a set of articulations on a note

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Right way to make a function for a set of articulations on a note
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 13:17:35 +1100

I often need use a tenuoto with a parenthesised accent, but I only just figured out how to achieve that. Now ti would be convenient have a function of some sort as a shorthand.

Is this the right way to do it that I came up with? I feel a bit uncomfortable about the <>, and maybe this should be some sort of post event, like articulations themselves?

%======
\version "2.19.82"

artic = { <> ^- -\parenthesize ^> }

  \artic c'' d'' \artic e''