Re: [newbie] Some \markup stuff

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: [newbie] Some \markup stuff
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 22:17:47 -0800

On 2019-01-14 8:58 pm, Mark Probert wrote:
Thank you! Though the gamma thing doesn't really work in my case (I'm
using Lilypond under org-babel ;-) ) but I did find a nice solution (it
was in another section of documentation I hadn't gotten to.. doh!  The
relevant section now looks lie\ke:

---< cut >---
Gamma = \markup { \char ##x0393 }
chant = \relative c { \clef bass g1 a b c d e }
verba = \lyricmode { \Gamma A B C D E }
verbb = \lyricmode {
           \override LyricText.font-shape = #'italic
           ut re mi fa sol la }

and it comes out just the way I am after!

If you need more than just the one Greek letter, you can always extend the \paper's replacement-alist in a similar fashion to how include-special-characters works. Attached is an example with most (though not all) Greek letters.

-- Aaron Hill