ps to pdf step not working on Mac

From: Glug
Subject: ps to pdf step not working on Mac
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 09:23:00 -0700 (MST)

I've recently installed Lilypond (2.18.2) onto a new Mac (OS X 14.2),  but
have run into a problem at the beginning. Lilypond hangs when rendering a
file at the 'Converting to .pdf.' stage.

I've tried this both with the default test file and scores I've already got,
and both through and without Frescobaldi. I've got it rendering to SVGs as a
workaround, but Frescobaldi's handling of them isn't quite as fluent, so it
would be nice to be able to make PDFs as normal. Any ideas?