Re: Aleatoric Elements with barlines

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Aleatoric Elements with barlines
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 07:37:04 -0800

On 2019-01-07 6:04 am, Reggie wrote:
Please can someone show me in Lilypond how possibly can you adjust or change the space before the first repeats in order to acheive the attached image? I don't know if you move padding or add hidden to padding but I'm confused.
Thank you. My best effort

[ . . . ]

Since you are going to have bar lines that do not line up, you need to follow the advice in this post[1] by Urs.

Otherwise, it should be easy enough to change the relative duration of the leading rests using the scaling operator. That is, "r1*2" or "r1*1/2". You will need to have a corresponding spacer rest (with appropriate scaling) on each staff to compensate for the variable lengths at the start so that the final bar lines will line up.

[1]: http://lilypondblog.org/2014/05/independent-meters/

-- Aaron Hill