Re: Lyrics above context

From: Guy Stalnaker
Subject: Re: Lyrics above context
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 08:00:31 -0600

And the answer is, "No, I can't incorporate into the larger score."

Follow-up question then: can this type of Dynamics directive be applied in a temporary polyphonic passage? Because that's what I'm trying to do. Final four measures split into two voices, explicitly created:

<<
\new Voice = "Solo" { \voiceOne } \new Voice = "sopranoOoos" { \voiceTwo }

If I put \new Dynamics {} before or after either of these two \new Voice inside the polyphonic code LP puts the dynamics beneath the entire 4-stave score. If I add \with { alignAboveContext = #"sopranos } LP puts the dynamics exactly as originally, immediately above the staff, but below the lyrics, so nothing gained by the added code.

Guy