Re: Fatal error compiling large project (Win10/2.19.82)

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Fatal error compiling large project (Win10/2.19.82)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 22:17:23 -0800

On 2018-12-18 9:26 pm, Saul Tobin wrote:
1) Is there a technical obstacle or other reason preventing a Windows
64-bit build?

I would presume that GUB can target 64-bit MinGW, but I gather that this has not been a priority to deliver. Perhaps one of the developers could speak to this more competently than I can.

2) Is it possible to run Lilypond under WSL from Frescobaldi?

Possibly; however I do not use Frescobaldi, so I cannot speak from experience. Theoretically, you should only need to configure Frescobaldi to launch LilyPond as "wsl /path/to/lilypond" so that it uses the WSL instance.

You would need to make sure the WSL environment is configured properly for things like fonts. There is no automatic sharing of fonts, so anything you have installed in Windows would not be immediately available to WSL LilyPond. And since Frescobaldi can only enumerate fonts on the Windows side, there could be some confusion.

-- Aaron Hill