Re: Custom AccidentalStyle

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Custom AccidentalStyle
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 15:48:26 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mansour Aoun" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2018 3:36 PM

Well not exactly. I'm just realising that what I'm after is a bit weirder
then it seems to me.
Here are three available styles and each with its respective problem (in
this case):

1- default:
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5738/default.png>
problem: the sharps are remembered along the measure like the first note and
the one before the last, both are d-sharp but the accidental is only
mentioned at the first instance and I don't want that, I want the
accidentals repeated even in the same measure.

2- forget:
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5738/forget.png>
problem: doesn't add a natural sign if the note was preceded with an altered
note.

3- dodecaphonic:
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5738/dodecaphonic.png>
problem: adds natural signs where they are not needed. A natural note in a
measure without a key signature does not need a natural sign if it was not
preceded in the same measure by an altered note.

What I'm looking for is this:
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5738/desired.png>
As you can see:
- the accidentals are not remembered along the measure
- if a note occurs in the measure for the first time in its natural state it
doesn't require a natural sign
- if note has been altered previously in the measure, when called in its
natural state requires a natural sign.

So if you want it is like a forget-cautionary if you want, reminding the
reader to recall the natural state of the note if it was altered earlier
during the measure.

neo-modern appears very close to what you want, and may be satisfactory for your use case?

--
Phil Holmes