Re: parenthesized chord symbols

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: parenthesized chord symbols
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 14:59:37 -0600

Here is something I have used for years with good results.  Someone on the list
created this off the cuff.  I have not tried it with 2.19.x.  No doubt it could
be improved, but it is short and simple.

\version "2.18.0"

#(define (left-parenthesis-ignatzek-chord-names in-pitches bass inversion
context)
(markup #:line ("( " (ignatzek-chord-names in-pitches bass inversion context))))

#(define (right-parenthesis-ignatzek-chord-names in-pitches bass inversion
context)
(markup #:line ((ignatzek-chord-names in-pitches bass inversion context) " )")))

LPC = { \set chordNameFunction = #left-parenthesis-ignatzek-chord-names }
RPC = { \set chordNameFunction = #right-parenthesis-ignatzek-chord-names }
NPC = { \unset chordNameFunction }

% \LPC first-chord \NPC more chords \RPC last-chord \NPC