Re: Harp glissandi

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: Harp glissandi
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 03:59:00 -0700 (MST)

Rachel Knight wrote
> The glissando now look right except that it starts below the note instead
> of touching it. How would I fix the vertical aspect after rotating it? The
> angle is right in the first screenshot, but the placement is only correct
> in the original (screenshot 2).

Hi Rachel,

The rotation property takes three arguments:
1. the angle
2. rotation centre (x coordinate)
3. rotation centre (y coordinate)

Most of the placement issues can be resolved by varying the centre of
rotation (i.e. the 2nd and 3rd argument).

If his fails, you still can freely shift around the squiggly line by
  \override Glissando.extra-offset = #'(0 . 1)
In this example, the squiggly line will be moved up by 1 staff-space.

HTH,
Torsten