Re: Attaching images to posts

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Attaching images to posts
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 17:27:23 +0100

Roland Goretzki <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Harm,
>
> You wrote:
>> Am So., 18. Nov. 2018 um 08:36 Uhr schrieb Andrew Bernard
>> <address@hidden>:
>> > In the past I have just made an attachment to the post,
>>
>> Please continue to do so.
>> Speaking only for myself, frequently I don't see inline images here.
>
> Me to.
> So, YES: Please continue to do so.

One can have a MIME attachment with a disposition to be displayed
inline.  That works even in clients preferring text over HTML since the
images are not in HTML parts but interspersed as MIME.  Stuff working
via HTML parts or even as mail backgrounds have quite less of a chance
to be more or less universally recognized and displayed.

--
David Kastrup