Re: controlling the tie "gap" [and a possible bug?]

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: controlling the tie "gap" [and a possible bug?]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 19:19:32 -0500

Hi,

> On Nov 16, 2018, at 6:29 PM, Flaming Hakama by Elaine <address@hidden> wrote:
> %  I'm not sure how to do this globally, but the normal \shape command can be
> made to work.
> slurTweak = { \shape #'((0.3 . 0) (0 . 0) (0 . 0) (-0.3 . 0)) Slur }

Yes, this (with 0.2 instead of 0.3) is perfect for my use-case.

Eventually, I would love to have the ability to set the attachment globally,
rather than having to add this tweak before every Slur. (Curiously, I found
another thread
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-02/msg00451.html> I
started a few years ago — while working on a non-Schenkerian stylesheet — which
would really just be another application of this same feature.)

I’m sure this could be done as a callback… but I’m slamming out this engraving
job, so I’ll have to look into that later. For now, this function, added before
every slur, is a sufficient workaround.

Thanks!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer