Point and click with Gnome 3 and Emacs

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Point and click with Gnome 3 and Emacs
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 11:53:04 +1100

With lilypond 2.19.82 on Debian 9.6 running Gnome 3, I followed the instructions on how to set up point and click from PDF to emacs. All works, except that I get a new emacs instance every time. I then realized that one has to run emacsclient for this to work, but I can't quite figure out what to do to set that up, even after reading the emacs wiki.

Does anybody have some quick pointers on what needs to be done and how to run emacs in this case?

Andrew