Re: My finances.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: My finances.
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 16:40:01 +0100

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 9. November 2018 16:02:44 MEZ schrieb Karlin High <address@hidden>:
>
>>And yes, sending PayPal to an email address works fine. As I
>>understand it, if the person doesn't already have a PayPal account,
>>they'll receive an email with instructions how to set one up to claim
>>the funds.
>
> That is correct,

Oh wow, that's insidious.  Like a bank accepting money on behalf of a
non-customer and then telling him how he can join in order to get it.
In my book, money to non-existing accounts should not be accepted.

Mind you, I do have a PayPal account under that address so my
offendedness is on principle rather than practice.

> and you should definitely ask that person before if they are cool with
> that.

Well, the deal is that I try doing what I can, and my focus has
deteriorated even more after my stroke last year since I don't allow
myself to forego my blood pressure medication any more.

Nevertheless, there are still some areas within LilyPond (and C++ and
stuff) where I don't see a good replacement stepping up to the plate
soonish.  I aim to get a menial job eventually but it will also be for
menial pay so it will take serious time getting my finances back into
somewhat more reasonable shape.

--
David Kastrup