Re: My finances.

From: Ben
Subject: Re: My finances.
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 09:43:28 -0500

On 11/9/2018 9:19 AM, Guy Stalnaker wrote:
Yes, using address@hidden from within PayPay (web or mobile app) will get to him. PayPal will let you specify local currency or Euros.

Regards.

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018, 8:01 AM Ben <address@hidden wrote:
On 11/8/2018 6:40 PM, Thomas Morley wrote:
Am Mi., 27. Juni 2018 um 22:31 Uhr schrieb David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
Hi folks,

I've been afraid of looking at my bank account for the past months but
finally had to do so.  For the last three months, the payments from
LilyPond users were stable: one paying €100 monthly, one paying €75
monthly, one paying €10 monthly.  Thanks, you know who you are (I hope).

When adding in the payments arriving via Paypal, I am at about €200 per
month.  Which doesn't pay for a whole lot of bills in Germany.

Now obviously I am not currently providing a whole lot of value in
return but at least enough that we will hopefully be seeing a reasonably
tolerable stable version 2.20 soonish and it's not like I have nothing
to do with it, either.  And it's not like when I wasn't yet hampered as
absolutely by the blood pressure medication until skipping it gave me a
stroke and not burned out as much that I earned as much as a software
developer of my productivity then.  Or even as much as a janitor.

I'll go looking for a menial minimum wage job soonish where I don't need
to be creative on command.  In the meantime, try thinking about whether
my contributions to what LilyPond is have been of value to you.  And if
they were, consider giving some back.  And if you can't think of
anything better than money, that's ok with me too.

All the best

David
Hi David,

I've sent something to your bank account. Should be available soon, if
not already.
Not as much I'd wish and with huge delay (sorry for that) ...

Thanks for all you've done and do.

 @ all:
I'd like to invite you to consider joining (if not already done).
Well, I'm not a native speaker so I doubt I've expressed myself
accurately, so you may reread the mail I reply to.

Thanks,
  Harm

_

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've not had a lot of experience sending money via Paypal (using only an email address as a destination).
So I would like to make sure I get this right. :)

To confirm:
We can just simply send our contributions directly to David's GNU email address and he will receive the money on his end, is this correct?

I'd like to setup a system where I can easily give more frequently and regularly to show support, now that my situation has changed as well.

Thanks.

Ben