Re: Adding text to slurs

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Adding text to slurs
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 11:15:59 +0100

Am 05.11.2018 um 11:05 schrieb Urs Liska:
Hi Pablo,

Am 04.11.2018 um 09:36 schrieb Pablo Cordal:
Hi to everyone from Spain,

I have got a special need with lilypond. I need to add text to slurs for educational purposes, I'm a music teacher and I'd like to add information to musical phrases.

I have recently written a function (with extensive help from this list) that should be exactly what you need. It places a markup centered above or below (depending on the direction) of a slur:

Oops, I'm sorry, there is some "private" code in here that prevents it from compiling. At the very least you would have to replace the line
   (staff-padding (getOption '(mozart markup-staff-padding)))
with e.t.
   (staff-padding 3)

but if you don't want to have staff-padding (which is used to try placing all markups on a common baseline) there would be more to change.

Urs