Re: chord duration

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: chord duration
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 07:33:00 -0700 (MST)

Gianmaria Lari wrote
> But I was wondering why it should not work my
> obvious solution :)

Ciao Gianmanria,

Probably because your obvious solution isn't that obvious from a technical
point of view.
In this simple example, it is totally clear that we only want to see
changes.
But just imagine the beginning of a new section (rehearsal mark, repeat
volta bracket, Coda, etc.) where we definitely *want* to clearly re-instate
the Chord name for several reasons.

I think it is necessary to deliberately set chordChanges to ##t or ##f in
many cases.

Besides, I'll opt for ##t as the default setting.

All the best,
Torsten