Re: fonts not working as expected [SOLVED, at least for OP]

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: fonts not working as expected [SOLVED, at least for OP]
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 19:59:25 +1100

Hi All,

It's something much more subtle than the system/user font location. On my system, despite Kieran's success, it does not work, and when K upgrades the mac it may not work for him. In correspondence with the typographer of the font, we have all definitively established what the correct version is.

This matter is specific to Alegreya, to the Mac, and to lilypond using it, not other programs. It does not arise with any other font that I know (but it is hard to test hundreds of thousands...) and does not arise on Windows or various Linux distros.

I don't regard this as done and dusted yet. It fails on a Mac pristine install for High Sierra. This is not good at all. I'm am continuing to look further into this very pinpoint specific failure pattern. It's odd.

Andrew

On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 at 11:57, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

> If the problem is Mac related, then it might have to do with System fonts (located in /Library/Fonts) vs. User fonts (located in Users/<username>/Library/Fonts).  IIRC, the default installation location when using Font Book is the User location.

Good thought… but in my case, I know for sure that all fonts were installed at the Computer/System level. It was definitely the source (and therefore, likely, the version) of the font that determined success or failure.

Cheers,
Kieren.